Representatives of La Salle-URL have traveled to the United States to visit several top-level universities in the country, consolidating the relationship with some of them and establishing new partnership agreements with others. This action is part of the campus strategy of consolidating itself as an international university and expanding a network that has more than 150 partner universities around the world.
The General Director of La Salle-URL, Josep M. Santos, the Director of the School of Architecture, Josep Ferrando, and the Global Experience Manager of La Salle-URL, Victor Alves, were able to visit several universities in Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Chicago and San Francisco, where they were received by the top representatives of the centers to talk about common interests, explore new agreements, establish collaboration agreements and consolidate existing associations and projects.
- La Salle University (Philadelphia): In addition to being received by the president and the highest representatives of the center, possibilities of collaboration in areas of common interest for both Lasallian universities were studied.
- Pace University (New York): The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and the specific exchange agreement were formalized, thus officially establishing the university partnership between both centers. In addition, they discussed future collaborations and, with the main managers of the university, they got to know some of the spaces on campus.
- Manhattan College (New York): With this Lasallian university, a consolidated partner with whom La Salle-URL works in many areas, current agreements were reviewed while future collaborations were studied.
- Hult University (Boston): Possible collaborations were studied in two of the fields of knowledge of both universities: Business and Engineering.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MIT (Boston): It was possible to see first-hand how the MIT Media Lab works, while possible ways of collaboration between the two centers were explored. In addition, in Boston the three representatives of La Salle-URL were able to meet a group of alumni.
- Lewis University (Chicago): The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and the specific exchange agreement were formalized in the common areas of Business, Engineering and Arts, Animation and Multimedia. The two La Salle university centers seek to continue studying joint agreements.
- Dominican University of California (San Francisco): The specific exchange agreement was signed, while the facilities were known, which La Salle-URL students will visit in June.
- Saint Mary's College (San Francisco): With the Lasallian university center, a partner for a long time, new opportunities for collaboration were weighed up. In San Francisco, a meeting was also organized with some twenty La Salle-URL alumni who currently work in top-level companies in the country, with whom possible ways to work together were explored.
Through these collaboration agreements, and all those that are maintained with associated centers around the world, La Salle-URL establishes agreements with its partner universities to promote the exchange of students and professors, to promote projects and activities of research, to organize stays, tailor-made programs and double degrees and, in general, to enrich the global experience of the members of its community.
The director of the School of Building Engineering La Salle-URL (ETSALS), Josep Ferrando, was part of the campus work team during the trip and was able to visit and learn about the New York Institute of Technology, Columbia University, The Cooper Union, Massachusetts Institute of Technology e Illinois Institute of Technology.