With the aim of deepening the active collaboration between large companies and the university ecosystem of La Salle-URL, this Thursday, September 15, the new Corporate Board Council of La Salle Campus Barcelona has been constituted. In total, 15 representatives and directors of top-level companies and organizations have gathered to celebrate the first annual assembly:
- Ms. Blanca Sorigué - CEO Consorci de la Zona Franca de Barcelona (CZF)
- Ms. Silvia Vidal - CEO Iberia Avanade
- Ms. Mercè Conesa - CEO Incasòl
- Mr. David Ferrer - Secretary Digital Policies of Govern de Catalunya
- Mr. Ramon Pastor - Global Head and CEO HP
- Mr. Marc Ferrer - Managing Director Bayer Global Service Center Barcelona
- Mr. Andreu Vilamitjana - CEO CISCO Spain
- Mr. Eduard Marfa - Global MK Director, Consumer Products and Retail Digital Industries Software Siemens
- Mr. Francisco Gibert - Responsible partner KPMG for Catalonia, the Balearic Islands and Andorra
- Mr. Osmar Polo - CEO and Chairman Board Iberia T-Systems
- Mr. Albert Triola - Senior Vice President Support Renewal Sales EMEA Oracle Spain
- Mr. Xavier Rovira - Managing Partner Eastern Zone and SAP and ES Global Head EU & Latam NTT DATA
- Mr. Esteban Bretcha - CEO Simon Holding
- Mr. Joan Gallostra - President JG Ingenieros
- Mr. Iñaki Irisarri - General Coordinator Fundació Caixa d'Enginyers
The act has served to make public the appointment of the two Co-Presidents of the Corporate Board Council: Mr. Josep M. Santos, General Director of La Salle Campus Barcelona; and Ms. Blanca Sorigué, CEO of Consorci de la Zona Franca de Barcelona (CZF). The Council will be made up of the General Council, the Executive Committee and four permanent commissions: ICT Engineering and Computational Engineering; Business and Management; Architecture and Construction; and Digital Arts, Animation, Games & VFX.
The will of the Corporate Board Council of La Salle Campus Barcelona is to promote strategic interaction, considering the growing role of the areas of knowledge (from the Schools and Faculties) in which La Salle-URL is structured. Thus, it wants to act in the development and strengthening of entrepreneurship and economic-social cooperation for the benefit of the entire social fabric. "Innovation and entrepreneurship are two of the traits that define us. Today we take a first step to maintain a more structured, proactive, close and continuous relationship together to promote social, strategic, business and economic interaction, especially in relation to the fields of knowledge of the Campus", explained Josep M. Santos, General Director of La Salle-URL and Co-President of the Corporate Board Council.
The program starts now, but it plans to involve many more leading companies in the coming years from sectors such as IT consulting, health and pharmaceuticals, vendors, chemicals, food, finance, construction, logistics and digital and media, among others. "I am sure that thanks to the leadership of all your companies in the respective sectors, of which you are a benchmark, we will make this project a success for the benefit of everyone's interests and of society in general", added Josep M. Santos, addressing the representatives of the fifteen companies and organizations.