La Salle Campus Barcelona-URL expresses its rejection of violence as a mean of resolving conflicts. To achieve a more prosperous, fair and sustainable world, which is something that La Salle-URL promotes in accordance with its values and foundations, the active promotion of peace through dialogue, respect and understanding as channels for building bridges is essential.
Solidarity campaign with the Ukrainian people
In order to support the people who are directly suffering the consequences of the conflict in Ukraine, La Salle Campus Barcelona is organizing a humanitarian aid campaign in collaboration with ACNUR and Cáritas to collect food, clothing and material. On Wednesday, March 9, the first collection was organized. The next dates to collaborate with the campaign are:
- Wednesday, March 30th - 8am to 11am and 1pm to 4pm (Basketball court Campus de La Salle-URL).
- Wednesday, April 20th - 8am to 11am and 1pm to 4pm (Basketball court Campus de La Salle-URL).
Beyond these specific days, the Campus has enabled two continuous collection points: the secretariat of the Sant Josep Building and the secretariat of the Sant Miquel building. More information can be found on the Instagram of the Second Chance La Salle initiative. Some of the things that those affected by the conflict need most are:
- Food: preserves, powdered milk, nuts, milk chocolate, cookies, cocoa, coffee, tea, soups, powdered puree, pasta and flour, among others (glass containers should be avoided).
- Clothing: sweaters, sweatshirts, raincoats, thermal clothing, sleeping bags, blankets and bedding.
- Objects: sleeping mats, walkie-talkies, headlamps, medical kits and bandages.
The Universitat Ramon Llull, as explained on its website, also shows its solidarity with the Ukrainian people, reiterating its commitment to promoting peaceful coexistence and away from confrontation, while explaining the solidarity actions that are carried out out in all the centers of the URL.