Researchers and professors from La Salle-URL participate this week in Granollers in the IV Congrés d'Acústica de Catalunya (ACUSTICAT) 2022, the main meeting in Catalonia on acoustics that, every two years, reflects on technological, intangible and social solutions linked to the industry. This year's edition will cover topics such as management and control, building and acoustic comfort, environmental acoustics, culture and sound, education and awareness, and health, among others.
From La Salle-URL, various researchers participate in various talks and activities:
- Ivana Rossell, Coordinator of the Master in Architectural and Environmental Acoustics (MAAM), she is the speaker of the talk entitled 'Reverberation control, requirements versus reality'.
- Marc Arnela, GTM researcher and head of the acoustics laboratory, is the speaker of the talk entitled 'The role of research in solving acoustics problems'.
- Oriol Guasch, Director of the Acoustics area in the Department of Engineering at La Salle-URL, participates in the round table entitled 'Is it enough to know about insulation to solve a noise problem in buildings?'.
- Rosa Maria Alsina, Director of Research at La Salle-URL, coordinates, together with the Sabadell City Council, the talk 'Acoustic Citizen Science'.
- The 'Sons al Balcó' project team, coordinated by Rosa Maria Alsina from La Salle-URL and Maria Foraster from ISGlobal, presents 'Sons de Granollers', a derivative of the initiative that will outline the sound landscape of the city of Valles.
On the other hand, Josep Martí Roca, Commissioner for Identity and Mission at La Salle-URL, member of the GTM research group and benchmark in acoustics research, is one of the nominees for the II Acusticat Award, an honorary recognition for those who They have a long professional career, research and dissemination in the field of acoustics.
ACUSTICAT is organized by the Department of Climate Action, Food and Rural Agenda of the Government of Catalonia, the Climate Action Area of the Barcelona Provincial Council with the support, among others, of the Network of Cities and Towns towards Sustainability, the Association of Acoustic Consultants of Catalonia and with the collaboration and support of companies in the sector, entities and associations, such as La Salle-URL.