Training is a process that involves various activities to ensure that knowledge and different skills are achieved, among other things. The evaluation process is an activity to be highlighted and standardized to avoid misunderstandings and to know a priori the "rules of the game" before starting it.
At the beginning of the academic year the teacher must clearly inform students about the evaluation system that will be carried out in the subject:
- what will the evaluation method be: what activities will be carried out and what impact will they have on the overall grade of the subject
- regarding global examinations, when will they be carried out
- regarding midterms, how many will there be, when will they be carried out and what weighting will they have
- regarding continuous assessment tests, whether or not it will be notified and what weighting will they have on the qualification
- regarding the practical exams, how will they be carried out and how will they affect the qualification
- the dates on which each type of specific evaluation activity will be carried out
- the compilation of the results obtained, which will be shown to the information system exclusively for each student
All this information will be posted in the corresponding subject folder on the school's intranet.
As for the exams, these involve a subsequent review and may or may not release the student from studying more theory (depending on what the teachers specify on the first day of class, leaving a record in the subject folder on the intranet). Specifically, for the exams, it is necessary to consider:
During the exam:
- The test is given on the day, time and place that has been published on the web.
- The written exam consists of a written statement that includes, among others, the weighting of its various parts, the date and place of the review of the exam.
- Students must leave a photo ID on the table (ID card, passport, driving license, school card, ...). The teacher may require identification of the students at any time during the examination. If they forget their card, they will have a maximum of 24 hours to take it to one of the teachers who supervised the exam. If this requirement is not met, the teacher may reserve the right not to correct the exam of a student who has not been properly identified.
- Mobile phones and electronic devices must be disconnected and stored in a non-visible place (with the exception of those devices that must be used specifically for the exam and as specified by the teacher).
- It is not possible to enter the room to take the exam 45 minutes after it started.
- During the test, it is not possible to leave the room until 45 minutes after the start of the test.
- The answers must be clear. In the event of having difficulties in interpretating, the teacher has every right to assess the answer or not.
- Only authorized material by the teacher may be used during the examination.
The exam is individual. Regardless of the disciplinary process that may be initiated against the offending student, the fraudulent performance or attempted proven copying of one or more of the exercises required in the evaluation of a subject involves:
|COPY||OFFICIAL QUALIFICATION||WHAT IS TO LOSE|
|During a test||Regular call: 0||Regular call|
|In a regular call||Regular call: 0||Extra exam call (NP)|
|In an extra exam call||Extra exam call: 0||Upcoming tests (NP)|
- Apart from this regulation, every subject can have its own one. In this case, this specific regulation will be made public to the students at the beginning of the classes and will leave a proof on the school intranet, in the subject area.
- For oral exams, the criteria to be followed is the one established for each subject, based on this regulation.
- The score on the correction must be clear before the exam is taken.
- If there is a student with a physical or sensory disability, their assessment be must adapted according to the procedures consistent with their specific needs.
- Students who need proof of attendance to the exam, may request it at the secretary's office and it will be signed by the teacher.
After the exam:
- The exam will be corrected based on consistent criteria proposed by the teachers of the subject.
- The results of the exam are published in the school's information system within a pre-set time limit and communicated by the teacher.
- Any student who has taken the exam in the correct conditions has the right to review it at a time that will be notified in advance. The review process involves repeating the correction of the exam, as well as receiving the appropriate explanations about the qualification obtained (consequently, the assessment may be raised or lowered).
- In the regular and extra exam call, the review should always be done before the evaluation session. Once the evaluations have gone through the evaluation session, these cannot be changed and stay in the records and are consequently immovable.
- After the examination review with a teacher, the student will have the opportunity to refute the final grade of the subject. This objection must be made within a maximum of fifteen days after the publication of the qualification records, in which the Director of the School may be requested, by means of a reasoned letter, to review the qualification given by the teacher of the subject. The Director will follow the procedure that considers appropriate to resolve the objection.
Non-attending the exam:
- If students cannot take an exam on the established date for a justified reason, they must notify the teacher (directly or indirectly) before or on the day of the exam. It is necessary to bring an official certificate clearly stating that the student has not been able to attend the exam.
- Possible reasons for postponing the examination: illness, death, serious family problems or accident.
- Reasons not considered possible for postponing an exam: travel, work, other examinations in other fields ...
As for the controls, these do not involve any subsequent revision and may or may not release the student from studying more theory (it depends on what the teachers specify on the first day of class, leaving a record in the subject folder on the intranet).
VIRTUAL EXAM REGULATIONS
The mínimum technical requirements must be met for the exam include the activation of the camera and/or microphone for the duration of the exam, as well as internet connection. Each exam will have specific requirements and instructions that will be communicated to the students. The student must be in the virtual evaluation room 15 minutes before the exam starts with their national identity card (DNI) or equivalent (passport) to identify themselves. The professor responsible for the evaluation room and a technical support may ask a student to identify themselves at any time during the examination, in agreement with article 25.7 of the university student statute (Real Decreto 1791/2010 30 December).
Only the following applications are permitted: videoconferencing and one internet browser with one tab only: eStudy. The professor or technical support team can ask a student to share their screen at any time during the exam.
The student is not permitted to record or to digitally capture screens in any way during the exam.
Refusal to comply with these instructions will result in immediate expulsion from the evaluation room, failure of the exam with a grade of 0, and the inability to retake the evaluation during this academic year.
If the professor permits the use of other applications, this must be specifically communicated as part of the exam instructions.
Once the exam has started the use of other material is not permitted, including electronic devices, data storage devices or computing devices that are not necessary to do the examination. Mobile devices must be switched off and the table where the exam is taking place must be empty. If the professor allows the consultation of other material during the exam this should be specifically communicated as part of the exam instructions.
Students are not permitted to do any of the following:
- Copy the work of others in any way.
- Communicate with other students or any other person physically or digitally (for example through instant messaging or other applications such as Whatsapp, Google chat, Messenger, Skype…).
- Providing false identity documentation or any other types of identity fraud.
- Any form of disobedience towards the professor and technical support team related to the implementation of the exam instructions.
- Any other form of behaviour that might disrupt the examination process.
If any of the above occurs, the professor responsible for the exam will proceed to:
- Expel the student from the room.
- The student will fail the subject with a 0 grade.
- Apply the Campus regulations for these cases: https://www.salleurl.edu/es/normativa-de-copias
Attendance and completion of the exam
Once the exam has begun the students cannot leave until it is completed, unless for a justified reason. Leaving the exam will result in failure. The length of the exam will be communicated to students when it starts.
If the student loses internet connection during the exam and can reconnect quickly, they will be readmitted to the room to continue the exam as long as the professor responsible for the exam agrees.
Any incidents related to internet connection or electronic devices will result in the student re-sitting the examination at a later date, but these incidents must be justified and supported with evidence. The justification should be made to the professor responsible for the subject and to the student’s tutor, providing the necessary evidence.
Image rights and data protection
The personal data collected during the exam and the image and/or voice of the student will be used only for the purpose of the examination. They will not be registered or shared with any third parties. The legitimisation of the treatment is a mission of public interest, such as higher education. The student can exercise their rights related to data protection by contacting the General Academic Secretary at La Salle Campus Barcelona. All information on data protection policy and rights can be found on the university web page.