- B2 requirement for new students 2016-17
- Acquisition of B2 Language Qualification for all first-year students at La Salle Barcelona Campus
B2 Requirement for New Students 2016-17
As you know, all students who start university studies at a Catalan university from the academic year 2014-2015 must prove, upon completion of their studies, the knowledge of a foreign language among those established in the tests for the University (PAU); (English, German, French, Italian), with a level equivalent to B2 of the Council of Europe Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) (see DOGC No. 6551 January 2014).
La Salle Campus has developed a B2 plan for all new students of the 2016-17 academic year:
- All new students who do not have an official B2 and who intend to obtain it in English, must take the online Oxford Placement Test on 12 September. The test has a part of grammar and a part of listening comprehension.
- Students willing to obtain the B2 certificate in French, Italian or German should contact Lisa Kinnear (email@example.com).
- During the "Welcome week" (from 5 to 9 September) these students will receive an email from Oxford with a username and password.
- On September 8, a list will be published with the necessary information to take the test (time and classroom). There will be three rounds: at 9:00 a.m., at 10:30 a.m. and at 12 a.m. The duration of the test will be 80 minutes.
- On September 12 students who take the test should wear earphones to do the hearing and go to the classroom that has been assigned.
- Students will be able to access their results immediately upon completion of the test.
- At the end of this process, all students will receive an email with an orientation plan on how to acquire B2.
This process is mandatory for all students who start a degree in Engineering, Architecture, Animation or ADE this year.
If you have questions or want to clarify any aspect related to this information, contact Lisa Kinnear at firstname.lastname@example.org.