|02 September 2024
|Monday to Friday
|Another destination in the world, USA
The Degree in Digital Business, Design and Innovation is unique in Spain, and has been designed by La Salle Campus Barcelona with the collaboration of the tech company incubator at La Salle Technova, providing a comprehensive experience in entrepreneurship and digital business.
This official, 4-year degree is taught 100% in English and designed to accelerate each student’s personal projects in the fields of entrepreneurship and innovation, or to prepare them to be part of a larger project or consolidated start-up.
These are some of the differentiating features of our Degree in Digital Business, Design and Innovation:
- You can choose from one of two specialisations: The “Digital Entrepreneurship Track” will allow you to create your own business while you study, and your final project will examine your plan's viability, as well as looking at achieving your first clients. The Innovation Track is designed for digital innovators who want to apply their knowledge in start-ups, large companies or consulting firms. Your degree project will solve a challenge posed by a consolidated company or a start-up, implementing your solution within that company. Are you up for the challenge?
- Personal Projects with Mentoring & Coaching: in parallel to the academic modules, you’ll be testing your interests through projects outside the classroom. To support you in this project, you’ll have master mentoring sessions with gurus from different fields and mentors who are successful professionals, helping you make your project a reality. You’ll also have access to professional coaching sessions to prepare you to be a Business Leader and manage teams.
- International Experiences: The degree is taught 100% in English and on campus, our students work in an international environment in multicultural teams with diverse groups made up of students from a range of departments. Study tours to Silicon Valley and Asia, and a global exchange programme where you can go visit the major business hubs of the world, their technology parks and get to know other cultures as you gain inspiration for your project.
- Access to seed capital: At La Salle we believe in our students. Students experience the realities of putting a business idea into practice, and the opportunity to start a business even while studying. We know, though, that this isn't always easy. At La Salle, we help you to find financing for your project through our Business Angels network.
- Learning by Challenge Methodology: Our students get the chance to use our Digital Business Lab to create their ideas and solve the challenges posed by teachers, all while participating in activities in other contexts (workshops, events, visits to inspiring businesses, etc.). We believe the role of the learner is to lead their own learning process by debating, defending their ideas and applying the contents of each course to their various projects.
For the Degree in Digital Business, Design and Innovation we’re looking for candidates who possess:
- Business knowledge: you should have studied business-related subjects at secondary school or equivalent. The Social Baccalaureate in Spain is a good option to make sure you're prepared for this new adventure.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: you should have a combination of creativity and innovation, and be highly proactive and self-motivated, as well as being able to prove a record of entrepreneurial behaviour in the past. Have you created a website or blog? Do you have a YouTube channel? Is your Instagram account blowing up? We’re looking for people who will make things happen and lead change.
- Enthusiastic about the world of start-ups: you should be an avid follower of the world of start-ups, leading entrepreneurs and be interested in what’s happening in this fast-moving environment internationally.
- Creative confidence: you should be able to develop your ideas in uncertain and volatile situations and cope with experimental, highly innovative processes. You need to be able to get out of your comfort zone, in fact, you should love getting out of your comfort zone!
- Passion for technology: you should have a profound interest in new technologies and how they are transforming the business environment.
- Digital transformation: you must be curious about how companies are responding to the challenge of digitalisation and how companies can embrace the opportunities it presents.
You will form part of a generation that will lead the next era of digital transformation.