|Language||Catalan - Spanish|
|Start Date||04 September 2023|
|Schedule||To be determined|
The Degree in Digital Arts is the result of a reality in the artistic world. Nowadays we have new tools, new spaces, new formats and therefore we need a new education where new artists are trained. The Degree in Digital Arts at La Salle Campus Barcelona, in constant transformation, has evolved to a new 4-year curriculum (240 ECTS). This degree prepares you in the basis of traditional Fine Arts but also in the understanding and expertise of the latest digital tools to create the most innovative artistic and creative works.
This degree offers you a complete artistic vision, an open mind and a constant discovery of new art disciplines, new methods of creation and development. You will learn the necessary tools for your own experimentation and knowledge of new trends.
The new curriculum of the digital arts degree is divided into 5 large blocks of knowledge where all the subjects included will form you as a complete digital artist. In the first two years of your degree, you will get a complete vision of art and, from the 3rd year on, you can decide between the optional subjects mention in Concept Art, with an emphasis on drawing, design, and illustration subjects, or take the optional subjects focused on the design of environments and interactive installations, light and sound.
The minor in Concept Art consists of 48 optional credits that will officially specialize you. Through the different subjects you will learn how to generate ideas and concepts through drawing, as well as how to shape a narrative idea. You will use the most advanced digital tools to create illustrations, graphic compositions of characters, environments and any artistic product regardless of its complexity.
The degree is structured under five main axes:
- Artistic expression: the disciplines under this axis will provide you the knowledge on the basics of fine arts, such as observation and representation skills, proportions, artistic drawing, color, and composition, as well as the beginning use of digital artistic tools. These subjects will be taken during the first two years of the degree.
- Culture, art, and humanities: the courses included in this unit will prepare you in the history and artistic culture, fundamental knowledge of every artist. Knowing the past helps you to create the future. Students will take these subjects during the first three years of the degree.
- Image and design: the subjects included in this module will introduce you to the principles of composition and digital photography, as well as graphic design. You will be introducing film editing and 2D and 3D animation. These subjects will be taken from the 2nd to the last year of the degree.
- 3D Art: in the areas of this module, you will learn the process of design, digital modeling and texturing characters and scenarios of a 3D audiovisual production. In addition, you will learn how to create installations, interactive environments such as video games and virtual reality. This knowledge will be acquired during the first three years of the degree.
- Creativity and Business: within this module you will work on subjects ranging from the artistic conceptualization of projects to their public presentation. The paths covered include the presentation of projects by independent artists to the formalization of proposals within a studio or a large company.
Throughout the degree you will take projects courses during the first three years, learning the different phases of a project, its conceptualization and development, implementing all the digital tools for its creative execution according to the artistic knowledge previously acquired.
During the 4th year you will perform external pre-professional internships, as well as the Final Degree Project (TFG) in which you will have to produce a work or artistic design, alongside an expert tutor in your area of interest. This will become your letter of application and the basis of your portfolio to define who you are as an artist.