The Research Group gives courses on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to PhD students and some introductory courses to undergraduate students. A summary of the courses is given below.
Courses and seminars:
- - Artificial Intelligence (Master degree in Computer Science)
- - Artificial Intelligence: reality or fiction? (Master degree in Computer Science)
- - Evolutionary Computation(PhD course)
- - Machine Learning (PhD course)
- - Seminars on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Grad students)
The group also encourages students to participate in some of our current projects. The group offers proposals of master’s thesis within the framework of these projects, as well as there are scholarships holders offered to students.
How to cooperate within the group [information for undergraduate students]:
In the following section you can find the summary of the most relevant master thesis that have been carried out by the group (throughout 2008-2009), as well as a list of some new topics.
In order to ensure students will benefit from their collaboration on the GRSI, it is desirable to be a 3rd year Engineering student. It is also required to have registered the master thesis project if the purpose of the collaboration is to carrying out it in our group. Nevertheless, each application will be analyzed in detail and individually.
Important dates to remind
If you are interested in collaborating on our research team, please contact us at the beginning of the academic year. Below there are listed the most important dates and deadlines that students have to take into account.
- - End of September/beginning of October: informative meeting
If you are interested in collaborating with us, you have to contact us at the beginning of the year. The most important dates are:
- - End of September/ beginning of October: informative meeting
- - First half of October: deadline for receiving requests
- - Half October: solution of the received applications
- - For those students that will collaborate on the GRSI for the first time:
- - November: seminar on intelligent systems
- - December: proposals for master thesis works
- - End of January: master thesis registration
- - For those that have already collaborated on the GRSI
- - End of October: proposals for master thesis works
- - November: assignment of master thesis
- - End of January: master thesis title registration
Process to follow
Throughout the first week of October, students have to fill out the application form to collaborate on the GRSI. Once the application is received, we will contact you, according to the course schedule of the present academic year. For any doubt about the application process, please get in touch with Enric Farguell or Mireia Castanys.