Getting Ready for EuroComm

by Yang-May Ooi

The EuroComm Conference will be starting on Monday 4 Feb and run through to lunchtime on Tuesday. I know that a number of communicators will be arriving in Barcelona over the weekend, ready for a fresh start on Monday morning. I think there’s going to be a great vibe there and I’m personally looking forward to seeing a number of IABC friends from the European region as well as meeting some of the blog contributors I’ve been in touch with over the last few months.

On Sunday morning, I’ve been invited to join the IABC Think Tank to brainstorm some ideas and look ahead over the next five years at the challenges and trends that will be facing communicators. That’s going to be a good session, I’m sure. In particular, I’m going to be interested to hear what my colleagues from across the region are excited and / or concerned about for the profession over the coming years.

Hopefully, we’ll have some blog posts in the next couple of weeks after the conference with people’s thoughts about the key issues that came out for them through the various sessions. If you’d like to contribute your responses to the conference in the form of an article for this blog, please do email us via the Contact page. Or you can add a comment to this or any of the blog posts.